Eric Carpenter, along with his wife Mandy and their children Lauren, Andrew and Landon, serves in the country of Nepal. Eric currently is involved in teaching and discipling pastors at the Himalayan Graduate School of Theology that has been started in Nepal.
We could really use your prayers right now, so I wanted to send you an email of ways you can pray. Thank you in advance!
1. Pray for our visa... it is good until the end of November, but the government is making it more and more difficult to renew visas and are wanting to make sure you are doing what it says your doing (which we are). But just pray that God will give us wisdom on this.
2. Pray for the finalization of the constitution... there are still problems here, still strikes going on, still anger due to this. Pray that it will be completed. There are different views on lots of issue, that need to be resolved.
3. Pray for the Christians who were arrested in Dolkha. This past weekend, a group of Nepali Christians were arrested for handing out Bibles and tracts at a School. Pray for their release and their families in this time.
4. Pray for the incoming rains and the protection of the people. The premonsoon has already sent lots of rain and with the monsoon approaching, pray for the people who live in areas where mud and land slides take place.
5. Pray for our kids, that God will help them in their studies, keep them healthy, and help them to be His salt and light here.
6. Pray for HGST and the students, that the classes and teaching will help them as they teach and reach their own. And for Eric and I as we seek to make necessary changes so that the school and students can reach their potential.
7. Pray for the church, Himalayan Evangelical church and the ministries here. Pray for me as I lead the children and for Eric as he teaches/preaches.
8. On Sunday we will have a Care Brigade to encourage our students and the ministries they are leading. Pray this is encouraging and helpful to the students and their ministries.
We are so thankful for each of you and pray that the Lord will richly bless you as you are such a blessing to us!
Eric, Mandy, and family